University of Otago (Christchurch campus)
Tēnā koutou kātoa,
The University of Otago, Wellington, Department of Psychological Medicine is pleased to confirm that applications are now open for the:
Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences endorsed in Family & Systems Therapies course which will be taught from the Christchurch Campus in 2020.
A unique programme in New Zealand, this certificate offers post-graduate level training for health professionals who wish to make a difference to the well-being of families in Aotearoa New Zealand. Completion of the programme will also go towards meeting goals set out in the Werry Centre competency framework for the Child and Youth Mental Health workforce, Real Skills Plus, 2009. https://realskills.werryworkforce.org/real-skills-plus-camhs
The evidence base for family and systemic therapies is now large and covers most of the main diagnostic categories found in the area of child and adolescent mental health.
The Certificate is made up of two papers:
- PSME436:Principles of Family and Systems Theory first semester 2020
- PSME437: Applied Systems Theory second semester paper 2020
See below a link to a copy of our brochure with details of both papers and outlining the certificate as a whole.
Prospective students can apply for one paper at a time or both papers in the one application. University fees for each paper apply at $2900(approx).
- FST Brochure
- Logbook Policy (Dept PSME)
- Supervision Policy (Dept PSME)
- FST Application for Acceptance Form
Enrolments are now open:
To ensure you are considered for a place on this course please commence Phase One of the University online enrolment process. otago.ac.nz/courses/qualifications/apply
(please note: Apparently many DHB computers are automatically set to use internet explorer, if this is the case it is recommended to use a chrome browser.
- Scroll down and Click Health Sciences
- Select Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
- Click Apply Now (a drop down appears)
- Click Apply for Postgrad Cert HealSc through Wellington campus (Registered in Wellington but this course is taught from Christchurch campus)
- If a returning student use the login option
- If a new student select: Create New Account option
- Please note: there is an interview process
Any problems with this process contact the enrolments askOtago helpline 0800 80 80 98.
Please ensure you select the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Sciences qualification and select the endorsement – Family & Systems Therapy option.
Once an applicant has registered with the University our administrator will be in touch. As there is a clinical component to both papers, applicants need to complete the Application for Acceptance form and in turn will be interviewed by phone.
Please feel free to forward this information to any interested parties you may think appropriate, within your organisation, and beyond.
The course is limited to 15 participants, so those interested are advised to commence phase one of enrolment as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact the course convenor:
Nāku noa, nā
Dept. Psychological Medicine
University of Otago Wellington
Available Tues 10am – 12.noon