Single Session Family Consultation (SSFC) Workshop
Supporting Parents Healthy Children (SPHC: Ministry of Health, 2015) outlines clear expectations for Mental Health and Addiction services in Aotearoa New Zealand. The guideline aims to ensure that children are supported when their parents/caregivers come into contact with services. The intention is that all services are provided in a whānau-inclusive way.
Single Session Family Consultation (SSFC) is a quick-to-learn, effective method for practitioners to work meaningfully and well with whānau.
This workshop consists of 2 components:
- an online learning component (allow 2-4 hours). This is a pre-requisite to attend the second training component,
- a one-day face-to-face training
This workshop will have limited places available. Priority will be given to people who:
- work in DHB or NGO mental health or addictions services
- have an understanding of the requirements outlined in the Supporting Parents Healthy Children Guideline
- have a strong interest in working with whānau
- have the support of their manager/clinical leader to attend the workshop
There is no cost for attendance. Places will be limited so please register early.
Please note that registration is not confirmation of a place at this event.