Werry Workforce Whāraurau is delighted to host
a three-day Basic Training workshop for delivery of
:30am to 4:30pm
This workshop is intended for professionals who are working with families with children aged three to eight years (including those with significant behavioural difficulties) and who wish to deliver The Incredible Years® Parenting Programme.
Who Should Attend:
This training is for clinicians/therapists with a background in social work, psychology, counselling, nursing, teaching, occupational therapy, family therapy, or child and adolescent psychiatry. A good understanding of parenting, child development, and knowledge of group work processes will maximise this training experience.
This is an intensive, practical training workshop over three full days. A “Completion of training” certificate requires that the full three days are attended.
There is an expectation that those who attend this training continue to work towards accreditation in the programme. Information regarding accreditation is provided at the workshop.
We particularly encourage kaimahi Māori and those working with whānau Māori to apply, although all applicants will be considered.
Commitment required from practitioner:
- Attend all three days – if you are unable to attend the full three days, please do not register
- Manager’s support for the full three days’ training attendance, and attendance at subsequent Consultation Days and Fidelity Workshops
- Ongoing co-delivery of the IY Parenting Programme with another IY-trained practitioner from your organisation
Training enables Group Leaders to deliver:
- The Incredible Years® Toddler Programme (1 – 3 years)
- The Incredible Years® Pre-School Programme (3 - 6 years)
- Note: An additional Update Day is required to deliver the School Age Programme (specifically focused for the older age group, 9 - 12 years) and the Baby Programme (0 - 12 months). This three-day training is a prerequisite for attending all Update Days.
Group Leader manuals and resources are not provided at the three-day training. Additional books and programme materials such as leader manuals, DVDs, parent handouts, etc. can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website.
Registration of interest closes: Friday11 December 2020 or earlier if capacity has been reached.
Please note that you are registering your interest for this event. Places are limited and will be allocated after discussion with MOE as part of the selection process. Confirmation of training places will be confirmed via email after the closing date. If restrictions on gatherings are reintroduced we will notify you.
Cost: There is no charge for this workshop. Light refreshments will be served. Vegetarian options will be available.
Venue: To be confirmed after registration closes
More information about Basic Trainings can be found below:
Use of Personal Information
- Event planning:
- working with funders (MOE & MOH) to prioritise attendee places;
- associated administration (for instance with hospitality, which may include providing third party venue providers with details of your dietary, mobility and other needs)
- Monitoring & evaluation purposes. The following information is shared with MoE: Anonymised, grouped demographic information and impact statistics and qualitative feedback
- Future workforce planning with MOE
- Future contact. Werry Workforce Whāraurau includes each attendee’s name, affiliation, and contact details in a database to enable future communication for the purposes of sending you information about our other events and services or those of our third-party partners, including via email and other electronic messaging. You have the right to unsubscribe from those communications. Please email [email protected] if you do not want your name included in our Incredible Years database
- Registration of attendees on the IY Seattle Head Office main database. IY Seattle Head Office use their information in accordance with their own privacy policies, available at http://www.incredibleyears.com/privacy-policy/.
Registrations will close on Friday the 11 December 2020 or earlier if capacity has been reached.