Tuesday 6 August to Thursday 8 August 2019 in Auckland/Waitakere
Applications close on 4 June 2019 at 4pm
Werry Workforce Whāraurau is delighted to host our three day basic training for delivery of The Incredible Years® Parenting Programme. This workshop is intended for those who are working with families of young children (including those with significant behavioural difficulties) in organisations who intend to deliver The Incredible Years® parenting programme.
Incredible Years® Parent Programme is designed to promote positive parent-child relationships and to assist parents in managing children’s behaviour difficulties from birth to 12 years old.
Incredible Years® Basic Training Workshop:
This 3-day workshop will provide-
- An outline of programme content. Programme content covered in this training workshop includes: play, praise, academic, social and emotional coaching, positive reinforcement, limit setting, natural and logical consequences, problem-solving and effective communication skills.
- Opportunities to develop the basic facilitation skills required for delivering the Incredible Years® Parenting programme. Training will explore the group processes involved in this programme, including working collaboratively with parents, exploring and teaching parenting methods and effective ways to engage with and support parents who are struggling.
- The Incredible Years® book – A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents of Children 2-8 Years will be supplied as well as a workbook for the workshop.
Training will enable Group Leaders to deliver-
- The Incredible Years® Toddler Programme (1 – 3 years)
- The Incredible Years® Pre-School Programme (3 - 6 years)
- Note: This 3 day training is a prerequisite for attending further Update Days. An additional update day, via Incredible Years® USA, is required to deliver the School Age Programme (specifically focused for the older age group, 9 - 12 years) and the Baby Programme (0 - 12 months).
This is an intensive, practical training workshop over 3 full days, therefore you need to attend the full 3 days to complete the training and receive your certificate. If you are unable to attend the full 3 days please do not register.
More information about Basic Trainings can be found as below:
Phone number: 09 923 4360
Group Leaders will be given a copy of the Incredible Years®: A Troubleshooting Guide for Parents book. Additional books and programme materials such as leader manuals, DVDs, parent handouts, etc. can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website.
Tania Anstiss & Diane Lees
We recommend this training for professionals (e.g. teaching, social work, psychology, counselling, nursing, occupational therapy, family therapy or child and adolescent psychiatry) and community workers who have a good understanding of parenting and child development. Knowledge of group work processes will maximise this training experience.
There is an expectation that those who attend this training will go on to work towards Accreditation in the Incredible Years® programme. Information regarding Accreditation will be provided at the workshop.
- Workshop places are strictly limited and a closing date is in place
- Note that registration is not a confirmation of acceptance onto the training
- Applications close at 4pm on Tuesday 4 June 2019 and offers of placements on training will be sent after this date
- Once offered a place please confirm immediately.