NOW CLOSED - Incredible Years Parent Programme Basic Training Workshop - Auckland
Tuesday 21 January to Thursday 23 January 2020
Werry Workforce Whāraurau is delighted to host a three-day Basic Training workshop for delivery of The Incredible Years® Parenting Programme. This workshop is intended for professionals who are working with families with children aged three to eight-years (including those with significant behavioural difficulties) and who wish to deliver The Incredible Years® Parenting Programme.
Who Should Attend:
This training is for clinicians/therapists with a background in social work, psychology, counselling, nursing, teaching, occupational therapy, family therapy, or child and adolescent psychiatry. A good understanding of parenting, child development, and knowledge of group work processes will maximise this training experience.
This is an intensive, practical training workshop over three full days. A “Completion of training” certificate requires that the full three days are attended.
There is an expectation that those who attend this training continue to work towards accreditation in the programme. Information regarding accreditation is provided at the workshop.
Commitment required from practitioner:
- Attend all three days – if you are unable to attend the full three days, please do not register
- Manager’s support for the full three days’ training attendance, and attendance at subsequent Consultation Days and Fidelity Workshops
- Ongoing co-delivery of the IY Parent Program with another IY-trained practitioner from your organisation
Training enables Group Leaders to deliver:
- The Incredible Years® Toddler Programme (1 – 3 years)
- The Incredible Years® Pre-School Programme (3 - 6 years)
- Note: An additional Update Day is required to deliver the School Age Programme (specifically focused for the older age group, 9 - 12 years) and the Baby Programme (0 - 12 months). This three-day training is a prerequisite for attending all Update Days.
Group Leader manuals and resources are not provided at the three-day training. Additional books and programme materials such as leader manuals, DVDs, parent handouts, etc. can be purchased directly from the Incredible Years® USA website.
Registration of interest closes: Friday 22 November 2019, or earlier if we receive a large number of registrations.
Please note that you are registering your interest for this event. Places are limited and will be allocated after discussion with MOE as part of the selection process. Confirmation of training places will be confirmed via email after the closing date.
Cost: There is no charge for this workshop. Light refreshments will be served. Vegetarian options will be available.
Venue: To be confirmed after registration closes
More information about Basic Trainings can be found below: