Werry Workforce Whāraurau invites you to our online
Foundations in ICAMH and SACs Train the Trainer Days
Tuesday 27 to Thursday 29 October 2020
This TtT workshop will assist experienced staff to deliver the Foundations in ICAMH training package to their staff.
- The Foundations training package enhances the skills and knowledge of staff in infant, child and youth mental health and AOD concerns.
- It can be used as part of orientation training and ongoing professional development.
- By completing the Foundations TtT workshop, staff will progress toward meeting the primary and core levels of the Real Skills Plus ICAMH/AOD Competency Framework
- The SACS ABC is a tool designed for screening NZ young people aged 13 to 20 for any current or potential substance-related harm. It is a core skill for clinicians to offer SACS BI for harm reduction and can motivate young people to change their behaviour or seek specialist help for their substance use.
Day 1 & 2 from 9:30 to 12:30 - Foundations in Infant, Child and Youth Mental Health - Train the Trainer
Day 3 from 9:30 to 12:30 - Introduction to SACS BI
The first two days of the TtT workshop will focus on how to deliver the Foundations training. Hence attendees need to be familiar with the content of the three online learning modules (link below) prior to attending the TtT workshop.
Prerequisites for trainers attending this three-day TtT workshop include:
- completion of ICAMH 1-3 eLearning modules
- completion of Primary Level Real Skills Plus competency framework
- optional pre reading and resources for SACs training https://optforwellbeing.org/cep/screening
Werry Workforce Whāraurau supports trainers in developing and delivering the workshops.