Alcohol Drug Practitioner
PART TIME 0.6 FTE (24hrs p/week)
Get Smart Youth Alcohol Drug Service- Tauranga
Do you enjoy working in the addiction and mental health sector and have a special interest in working with young people and their families?
Get Smart is a Non-Government Organisation contracted by the Bay of Plenty District Health Board to support young people aged 13- 25yrs with alcohol drug concerns. www.getsmarttga.org.nz
We are seeking an energetic person to join our dynamic and friendly clinical team. We provide individual counselling ranging from brief to long term interventions and group work for youth who are predominantly female and are at all stages of change.
Our groups combine pyscho education with various fun outdoor activities such as climbing Mount Maunganui.
We work in schools, satellite locations and primarily from our office located in the Historic Village. The role also involves presentations, service promotion and networking with our community stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- A tertiary health qualification, level 7 or above.
- DAPAANZ practitioner registration OR other health registration such as nursing or social work and hold a current practising certificate.
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience in the addiction and/or mental health sector.
- Experience in group and family work.
- Commitment to upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and supporting Maori and their whanau.
- A special interest in working with young people aged 13-25yrs and have an understanding of vulnerable populations.
- A range of theoretical knowledge inclusive of motivational interviewing and be proficient in managing risk.
- Be competent in supporting people who experience both substance use and mental health concerns (CEP).
- A current drivers licence.
- An enjoyment for outdoor activities and be adaptable to working in a variety of settings.
Get Smart offers competitive remuneration, flexible working hours, professional development opportunities and worry-free car parking.
To apply send a letter and CV to [email protected] by 21st September 2020.