- Permanent opportunities for NZ Registered Allied Health Professionals to support and enable the development of children within Canterbury
- Work within a dedicated and experienced multidisciplinary team to provide a holistic approach to patient care
- Join a team with a strong focus on professional development and advancing clinical skills
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
The Child Development Service are a community-based team of health professionals who are passionate about improving the health outcomes of children with developmental delays or disabilities. We work collaboratively with families / whanau and other services to support their goals and reach their potential. Our team of Allied Health Professionals work with children in their homes, early childhood centres and at our own clinics in Christchurch Central City.
This is an exciting time as our service is growing, therefore we are looking for various Allied Health Professionals who are passionate about child health to join our team! This is a rewarding opportunity to improve the lives of children and their whanau within our service.
We currently have the following vacancies for NZ Registered Allied Health Professionals with a current Annual Practising Certificate:
- Psychologist (Child and Family or Clinical) - permanent, full-time (1.0FTE)
- Physiotherapist - permanent, full-time (1.0FTE)
- Occupational Therapist - permanent, full-time (1.0FTE)
- Speech Language Therapist - permanent, full-time (1.0FTE)
- Dietitian - permanent, part-time (0.5FTE)
We currently provide a Monday - Friday service. The days and hours required for these positions are negotiable. We would also consider part-time applicants; please clearly indicate in your cover letter what hours/FTE you can offer. Profession-specific position descriptions available upon request.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Working collaboratively with children and their whanau to identify goals and to address concerns
- Carrying out assessments and establishing and implementing development plans in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team within the Child Development Service and with other agencies, enabling children to reach their potential
- Providing education to whanau where appropriate to support the child's development
Your skills will include the following:
- Previous experience in child development, paediatrics or disability services
- The ability to work with children and their whanau from diverse backgrounds
- The ability to work collaboratively with whanau and the multidisciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to patient care
- Competence using the Microsoft Office suite
- As this is a community-based service where travel is required, a NZ driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual car is essential
- NZ Registration with the relevant Allied Health Professional board with a current Annual Practising Certificate is essential
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in these roles please apply directly on our career site here
Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.