Associate Charge Nurse Manager – West Inpatient Unit
- 0.94 FTE, fixed term position covering parental leave (01/03/21 – 31/10/21)
- Clinical leadership role for an experienced RN in Mental Health, with current APC
- Must either hold or be working towards a relevant post graduate qualification
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Te Awakura is a 64 bed adult acute inpatient unit that provides 24 hour care for consumers with mental illness. Our model of care focuses on integrated multidisciplinary teams, providing excellent care for consumers in the least restrictive manner. There are four wards that form Te Awakura: North, East, South and West. Providing services to consumers in West Christchurch, the West Inpatient unit works closely with our outpatient team and other community services. We are made up of passionate clinicians who work in the patients’ best interests at all times. We have a supportive team culture and encourage opportunities for growth and development.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this professional and clinical leadership role, you will effectively contribute to the ongoing development of nursing practice and the professional nursing workforce within the service. The role has a function that is both clinical and operational, therefore you will have excellent clinical credibility as well as an ability to ensure the operational objectives are carried out in line with Canterbury DHB’s vision.
- You will provide specific, ward-based nursing leadership and clinical support on morning and afternoon shifts. You will promote a high standard of consistent professional nursing practice that is contemporary and patient focused.
- With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, assisting with performance appraisals, auditing, quality improvement and providing overall clinical expertise and mentorship within the team, to enable them to continue to deliver a high standard of care.
- As a positive role model, you will be highly motivated with excellent communication skills and have the ability to build successful relationships within the service.
- Working collaboratively with the Charge Nurse Manager, Clinical Nurse Specialist and nursing staff you will strive to ensure the overall provision of quality nursing care for our service users.
- You will either hold or be working towards a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Must be registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand, with Mental Health Scope and current APC.
- This is a 0.94 FTE, fixed term position (covering parental leave), comprising of a 4 days on 2 days off roster pattern.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!