Charge Nurse Manager – East Inpatient, Adult Inpatient Group
- Charge Nurse Manager – East Inpatient, Adult Inpatient Group
- FTE 1.0 – Permanent
- You will either hold or be working towards a relevant Postgraduate Qualification
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Te Awakura, Adult Inpatient Group, CDHB Specialist Mental Health Services is a 24 hour service that provides for the acute psychiatric needs of the adult population in the Canterbury region. Our model of care focuses on single integrated multidisciplinary teams, incorporating inpatient and outpatient teams, providing excellent care to consumer in the least restrictive manner. The outpatient teams lead the clinical care delivered to consumers throughout all episodes of care provided.
The Role: Where you fit in
This role offers an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual who is looking to expand their career pathway to take on a management role. In this professional leadership role, you will effectively contribute to the ongoing development of nursing practice and the professional nursing workforce within the service. The role has a function that is both clinical and operational, therefore you will have excellent clinical credibility as well as an ability to ensure financial and operational objectives are carried out in line with the CDHB vision.
As a positive role model, you will be highly motivated with excellent communication skills and have the ability to build successful relationships within the service. Working collaboratively with the Director of Nursing, Nurse Consultants and nursing staff you will strive to ensure the overall provision of quality nursing care for our service users. The ability to work in partnership with the Clinical Director, Nurse Consultant, Allied Health Consultant and Nursing Director as part of a service directorate team, is essential in this role.
Skills & Experience
• You will be an experienced Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate and scope to practice in SMHS
• You will be an expert practitioner with exceptional patient assessment skills
• Enthusiastic, motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage a wide variety of people, is paramount in this role.
• Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously.
• The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused
• Possess a passion for providing quality care in a least restrictive fashion.
• You will have completed post-graduate studies or be working towards this.
• The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.cdhbcareers.co.nz complete an application.
For additional information about this role please contact me on [email protected]