Charge Nurse Manager - C Ward (Mothers & Babies/ Eating Disorders)
- 1 FTE, Permanent position
- Clinical Management role for a Senior Registered Nurse in Mental Health
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC and must have a mental health scope of practice.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
C Ward Mothers and Babies (M & B) and Eating Disorders (SIEDS) provides care for a South Island wide catchment. Mothers and Babies (5.2 beds) provides specialist treatment for women who present with complex moderate to severe maternal mental illness who require admission with their baby. SIEDS (7.8 beds) provides specialist inpatient care for people with an eating disorder where both medical and psychological treatment is required. The Specialty Service offers a fulfilling and dynamic environment and opportunities to further your leadership and expertise. Comprehensive treatment, multi-disciplinary functions across the inpatient and outpatient teams and liaison with multiple agencies are integral to service provision across the SI.
The Role: Where you fit in
The Mothers and Babies/Eating Disorders Service is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced senior Specialist Mental Health Nurse to take on the role of Charge Nurse Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated individual who is looking to provide positive leadership in a management role. The role has a function that is both clinical and operational, therefore you will have excellent clinical credibility as well as an ability to ensure financial and operational objectives are carried out in line with the CDHB vision.
As a motivated self-starter and role model, with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously, it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Teams to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained. Therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills are imperative to the success of this role.
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- The ability to manage a staffing roster and coordinate operational requirements of an inpatient unit
- Extensive experience working within mental health
- Proven operational, personnel and management ability.
- Expert clinical nursing knowledge and leadership including risk assessment and management.
- Practices within a restraint minimisation and safe practice framework
- A commitment to post graduate study either having completed or have commenced the post graduate pathway.
- The ability to be adaptable, flexible and solution focused.
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise competing demands
- Demonstrates cultural competence and evidence of application of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi to provision of equitable health services
- Experience in Mothers and Babies or Eating Disorders and/or senior nursing roles would be an advantage.
This is a 1 FTE, permanent position.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online as we only accept applications through our careers website and for more information contact us on [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!