Child & Adolescent Clinical Psychologist or Mental Health Clinician
Part Time (3 days per week, 0.6FTE), Fixed Term Position
An exciting opportunity has arisen at HealthWEST for a NZ registered Clinical Psychologist or Child & Adolescent Mental Health Clinician for our primary mental health service. This challenging and rewarding role involves undertaking Choice Assessments and brief interventions for children and adolescents aged between 12 and 24 years presenting with moderate mental health or behavioural concerns. Knowledge of the Choice and Partnership Approach (CAPA) is advantageous. This role is a part-time fixed term role until the end of December 2019, based at our Henderson clinic.
Ideally, we are seeking a mental health clinician with a proven background in:
- Comprehensive assessment of children and adolescents
- Sound risk management, with intervention skills reflective of evidence-based practice
- Maintaining documentation via an electronic patient management system (on-site support to get acquainted with the electronic patient management system will be provided)
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of clients and families/whanau
You will enjoy being part of our wider multidisciplinary Youth Health team which provides services to young people across the Waitemata district.
HealthWEST is an NGO committed to providing effective and efficient health services to the community. We are passionate about improving the health outcomes for the West Auckland community and provide free, innovative community and primary health services across the Auckland region with a focus on Maori, Pacific, tamariki, rangatahi, whanau and other high needs populations.
Benefits of working for HealthWEST:
- Ongoing support for training and professional development
- Regular professional supervision
- Full orientation and induction
- Friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Passionate and dedicated team
- Social Club
HealthWEST is committed to eliminating barriers to employment and seeks to employ the most appropriate person regardless of sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnic or national origin, race, colour, family or marital status, religious or ethical belief, economic background, employment status, political opinion, or disability. All recruitment and staff appointments will be in accordance with equal employment principles.
If you think this is the role for you, please forward your CV to email@example.com to reach us no later than 5pm, Friday 22nd March 2019.