Clinical Leader - Physiotherapy, Specialist Mental Health Services
- Permanent, full-time opportunity (1.0FTE) for an experienced Physiotherapist with a strong background in mental health
- Be a part of our Allied Health Directorate and provide clinical Physiotherapy leadership to our Specialist Mental Health Services!
- Provide safe, effective and compassionate clinical services for tangata whaiora and their whānau
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Specialist Mental Health Services at the Canterbury DHB has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Physiotherapist to advance their career and move into a senior leadership role as our Clinical Leader of Physiotherapy!
Reporting to the Director of Allied Health you will be part of the Allied Health Directorate, also working closely with other Allied Health Clinical Leaders, Allied Health Consultants and our Allied Health Educator. This role is firmly focused on professional leadership within the service, however you will also have strong clinical experience as you will carry a clinical caseload. You will be based at either Hillmorton Hospital or The Princess Margaret Hospital Campus but will be working with our regional Mental Health Services and across the Canterbury Health System.
We're seeking an experienced Physiotherapist with a strong background in mental health. Stepping up into this leadership position, you'll be innovative, outcome focused, have a deep commitment to work in collaboration across disciplines and driven to achieve professional and operational excellence!
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday with flexible start and finish times.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing clinical leadership to Physiotherapists across our Specialist Mental Health Service, giving guidance, advice and feedback
- Ensuring the provision of safe and high-quality Physiotherapy services within all of our clinical areas
- Overseeing workforce development programmes and professional development planning
- Overseeing clinical audits, the recruitment of new therapists, and professional credentialing
- Liaising with tertiary providers and training institutions
- Maintaining a busy clinical caseload within your clinical area
Your skills will include the following:
- Broad professional experience in clinical practice, particularly in the mental health sector
- Experience in teaching, supervision, workforce development and adult education
- Previous experience in a leadership role is highly desirable but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop trusting relationships both within the service and with external agencies
- The ability to think strategically with a strong awareness of the professional environment within the service, the wider organisation, and nationally
- NZ Registration with the Physiotherapy Board and current Annual Practicing Certificate is essential to be considered for this position
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.