Clinical Manager Role – PROJECT RESTORE NZ
Auckland based. FTE 0.8
Project Restore NZ is the specialist national provider of restorative justice for sexual harm cases. We have a contract with the Ministry of Justice to deliver restorative justice processes within the criminal justice system and as an alternative justice process. This provides great potential for survivors healing and recovery.
We are seeking a Clinical Manager for this newly created leadership role in our organisation.
About the Role
The overall objective is to work collaboratively with the General Manager, Core Services Manager and the Specialist Team to advance the purposes of our organisation, contributing primarily through the provision of effective and efficient clinical management services within the confines of PRNZ’s vision and values.
This will be achieved by:
- Holding responsibility and accountability for the successful delivery of service and completion of tasks of the Specialist Team in line with the strategic plan
- Recommending and implementing plans, practice standards, policies and projects that enhance the quality of the organisation’s restorative justice services (for survivors who have been impacted by sexual violence)
- Sharing cooperative responsibility and accountability that contributes to an integrated organisation, as a senior manager. Manage delivery of Specialist services within an approved budget, contracted service specification standards and legal requirements
- Developing effective professional relationships and a positive community profile so as to contribute to the success of PRNZ’s clinical services and of the organisation and its work.
It is envisaged that the Clinical Manager will spend one day a week on casework. Training and mentoring will be given by the PRNZ Specialist Team to enable this.
This role will suit someone who is committed to our mission of restoring humanity, justice and dignity where sexual harm has occurred and breaking the wider cycles of sexual harm, hurt and violence now and for future generations.
As a minimum you will have;
- An NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology or psychotherapy
- Current full membership of a professional counselling, psychotherapy or psychology body, including practicing certificate in relevant discipline e.g. counselling, psychotherapy, social work or psychotherapy
- A minimum eight years clinical experience working in the sexual violence response sector. It is preferable that this experience includes working with survivors, families, and those with harmful sexual behaviour.
- The ability to meet criteria and maintain Ministry of Justice restorative justice accreditation of Sexual Violence specialist – working with sexual offending cases - see this link -https://www.resolution.institute/restorativejustice/accreditation
- A high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills commensurate with being a team leader in a dynamic organisation with a challenging role
The position is employee based in our Auckland office (with the flexibility to also work from home).
- 0.8 FTE (4 days a week)
- Current driver’s license and ownership of legal vehicle available for work use
- Able to travel (air and car) when required
Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 21st September.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover letter to our Core Services Manager, Justine Leef via [email protected]. A job description is available on request.