Clinical Nurse Specialist - C Ward (Mothers & Babies/ Eating Disorders)
- 1 FTE, permanent position available.
- Professional and clinical leadership role for a senior Registered Nurse in Mental Health.
- Excellent communication and expert knowledge is essential.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
C Ward Mothers and Babies (M & B) and Eating Disorders (SIEDS) provides care for a South Island wide catchment. Mothers and Babies (5.2 beds) provides specialist treatment for women who present with complex moderate to severe maternal mental illness who require admission with their baby. SIEDS (7.8 beds) provides specialist inpatient care for people with an eating disorder where both medical and psychological treatment is required. The Specialty Service offers a fulfilling and dynamic environment and opportunities to further your leadership and expertise. Comprehensive treatment, multi-disciplinary functions across the inpatient and outpatient teams and liaison with multiple agencies are integral to service provision across the SI.
The Role: Where you fit in
The Mothers and Babies/Eating Disorders Service has an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and motivated specialist mental health nurse who is looking to expand their career pathway, and take on a clinical leadership role as Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- You will be an experienced, Specialist Mental Health Nurse, Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC
- With your proven ability to lead, you will be an expert at developing and extending nursing practice, assisting with performance appraisals, auditing, quality improvement and providing overall clinical expertise and mentor ship within the team, to enable them to continue to deliver a high standard of care
- As a role model it is expected you will engage with nursing staff and members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to ensure effective relationships are developed and maintained, therefore your integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, effective organisational and time management skills and clinical credibility are imperative to the success of this role
- You will have extensive experience working within mental health services and hold a relevant post graduate qualification or be working towards one. Experience in Mothers and Babies and/or Eating Disorders preferred.
- This is a 1 FTE, permanent position.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online as we only accept applications through our careers website and for more information contact us on [email protected]
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!