Community Mental Health Nurse – Child Adolescent and Family South
- Permanent, 0.6FTE opportunity within Child Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service
- Experience working in a Mental health setting is essential
- Travel may be required
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you’re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
CAFSouth (Child, Adolescent & Family Mental Health Service- South Community & Outreach Team) is a specialist mental health service that provides assessment and treatment of young people up to 18 years of age (older if still at High School) who present with moderate to severe mental health problems, and their families. Our catchment area is Christchurch to Ashburton – with our base currently in Cashmere and outreach clinics in Rolleston and Ashburton.
The clinicians on the Team have a range of skills and areas of clinical expertise who are committed and work hard for young people living in our catchment area.
Young people can have a challenging time – imagine adolescence and mental health combined. It can be immensely satisfying helping them and their family / whanau to see change and positive future possibilities. Our team is focussed on supporting our staff to develop the skills necessary to work effectively in this demanding area of healthcare and to work collaboratively with external agencies to meet the needs of young people. Do you want to join us?
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing case management, comprehensive psychiatric assessment and clinical interventions to young people
- Participating in rostered working hour duties including responding to crisis / emergency presentations
- Effectively managing a caseload with regular reviews and job planning with the Clinical Manager.
- Working collaboratively with external agencies striving for better health outcomes in our community.
Your skills will include:
- Being a motivated and flexible self-starter who enjoys meeting the challenges of working both autonomously and as part of the experienced and very supportive multidisciplinary team;
- The ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with young people, family / whanau, within the team and with other agencies.
- Great personal organisation and excellent time management to keep up with this exciting client group
- You will be an NZ Registered Nurse with a current annual practising certificate.
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What’s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on [email protected] for additional information.