- Experience providing trauma-informed care is preferred
- An opportunity to lead and provide oversight and support to the team
- Unique and rewarding role
About the company:
This organisation provides support for people to remain in good health and age whilst being supported to live well with long and short-term conditions however complex. Identifying the appropriate levels of care, offering realistic choices, maintaining, or enhancing lifestyles and promoting independence are prime objectives.
The approach is to work in consultation to gather and understand clients, families, and Support Worker views to inform of services. Prioritising the clients right to make decisions about the delivery of care.
About the role:
This role will be perfect for nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists hailing from a wide range of clinical backgrounds who are looking to alter the trajectory of their career while still wanting to keep their clinical skills up to date.
The primary purpose of the clinical assessor’s role is to manage a team of health professionals supporting our client on a regular basis.
Although this role is of a managerial nature there is expectation for you to work regular floor shifts, day/night once a month to monitor the ongoing needs of the client.
The needs of the client are primarily in assisting them to live with their Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Complex Post Traumatic Stress syndrome (CPTSD), and to help to promote cognitive fatigue management and maintain the quality of life.
Key requirements for the role:
- Previous experience working with clients who have Traumatic Brain Injury and/or PTSD, preferably Complex-PTSD
- Comfortable planning and coordinating the delivery of the services by managing and engaging with the team of health professionals on an ongoing basis
- Ability to create and manage rosters and adapt to sudden roster changes with minimum disruption
- Ability to provide oversight, administration duties and management of medications
- Hold personal qualities of empathy, respect, patience, resilience, honesty, and confidence
This role is highly supported by the management team who have considerable experience support our client.
- Healthcare qualification (Nursing, Psychology, Occupational Health, Physiotherapy, Social Worker or any other relevant qualification)
- Preferable with 5 years plus experiences
Applicants must be a New Zealand Resident or hold a Valid New Zealand Work Permit to be considered for this role.
Apply here: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/50712870?type=standout#searchRequestToken=0ea9e715-0bfb-49bf-8891-6e21746d3a62
To apply for the role, please submit your CV, annual practicing certificate (if any) and a cover letter describing your motivation to be considered for this great opportunity including highlighting your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities essential to this role.