Mental Health Professional - ICAFS Hutt
Location: Nikau Centre, Hutt Hospital, Lower Hutt, Wellington
Contract: 1.0FTE for 12 months (parental cover); 1FTE permanent, full time.
Service: Infant, Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service (ICAFS)
About the role
The Infant, Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health Service (ICAFS) in the Hutt Valley, are looking for enthusiastic registered Mental Health Professionals (Social Worker, Psychotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Registered Nurse, or Psychologist) with experience working in child and adolescent mental health. ICAFS uses CAPA (Choice and Partnership Approach) and provides specialist assessment and treatment for 0 – 18 year olds and their families/whānau. The roles will entail providing assessment and interventions for individuals, whānau and groups to enable positive outcomes for children and young people presenting with moderate to severe mental health needs. ICAFS provide Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) and Family Therapy (with a screening team) and are especially interested in clinicians with these skills.
You will be expected to work collaboratively and supportively with other team members to ensure provision of appropriate and evidence based care, have excellent clinical and case management skills and be comfortable managing risk. The ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships within the team, service, the DHB, the wider mental health services, and community agencies is integral to this role.
- Provide mental health assessment and treatment for children and adolescents in the context of their families.
- Liaise with necessary community agencies for collateral information, with parental and/ or client permission.
- Contribute to and work within the MDT.
- Complete all appropriate documentation.
Skills & experience
- Clinical experience working with children, adolescents and family with moderate severe mental health difficulties.
- Knowledge and skills for completing assessment and treatment of mental health difficulties.
- Registered with appropriate professional body in NZ - Social Worker, Psychotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Registered Nurse, or Psychologist
- Current Driver’s license.
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. If you have queries please email [email protected]
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed