Mental Health Professional - Wellington CAMHS
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Central Regional Health School - City School in Kent Terrace, Wellington.
Contract: 0.9FTE fixed term position until 16/12/2020
Salary:Dependant on experience as per MECA
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join CAMHS in our joint education programme with Central Regional Health School CRHS. The aim of CRHS-City is to support high school students who have a mental health condition, to transition back to their regular school, further education or employment. CRHS-City provides an integrated programme to enable learners to access both education and mental health services as part of a multi-disciplinary process.
- Sharing information and work collaboratively with the team at CRHS-City to support students to return to school
- Mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions including both individual planning and facilitating therapeutic group programmes; Support the family and wider systems to enable student wellness and successful transition to school
- Clinical consultation, training, and support for CRHS staff
- Contribute to morning handover, weekly review meetings, admission meetings and staff meetings
- Maintain contact with students’ MHS case managers and wider team
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with adolescents and their families
- Bi-cultural and multi-cultural work practices
- Multi-disciplinary team working, and community liaison
- Experience in the child and adolescent mental health sector and proven ability of working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Relevant professional qualification (MH Nurse, OT or Social Worker) - registered with appropriate professional registration body
- Current annual practicing certificate
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
Here at CCDHB we embrace diversity and welcome applications from people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
CCDHB is a pro-equity Health Organisation, with a particular focus on Māori and Pacific Peoples.
CCDHB provides a range of specialist services including neurosurgery, oncology, neonatal intensive care and community-based services including district nursing, rehabilitation services, social work, alcohol and drug services, and home support services to a population of around 900,000 people.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please note we have combined all PDs into one document for easier viewing.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please call Lauren Heath, Team Leader CAMHS on (04) 806 0002, or Lisa Thompson, Team Leader, CRHS-City on (04) 805 0017.
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed