Nurse Consultant - Mental Health - Greymouth
- Full-time, permanent Nurse Consultant Role in our Mental Health Teams based at Grey Base Hospital
- A current Annual Practising Certificate from Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Experience in leading improvement, service delivery and or practice development
Ehara taku I toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini
My strength, is not the strength of one, it is the strength of many
What you'll do with your time:
- Leading and providing nursing leadership consultancy and advice to our mental health teams
- Act an expert practitioner and provide clinical advice to patients and other health professionals
- Facilitate quality improvement projects, further educational and development opportunities to ensure our service is preforming to a high level
This is an excellent role for a positive role model with a strong clinical background to work within our Mental health teams here at the West Coast DHB. This role will be working collaboratively with the Director of Nursing, Operations Manager and SMHS nursing staff, you will strive to ensure the nursing perspective is represented in divisional and service forums.
We are seeking an experienced leader who is innovative, outcome focused, have a commitment to work in collaboration with our colleagues, and driven to achieve professional and operational excellence.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- A connected leadership style and excellent interpersonal style and communication skills
- Ability to build strong successful relationships across the service and promote inter-disciplinary models of care
- A vision and passion for mental health nursing alongside an inter-professional approach
What we are about
We are unique and like no other in New Zealand with a close-knit community where your work will make a real difference.
We will help you grow as a leader in rural health with a continued focus on your career development.
We continue to break new ground and shape our health system to wrap care around patients in their communities.
This isn't a job for just anyone, joining us means sharing our goals and values and being dedicated to this community and our team as we seek to become a centre of excellence in rural health care. We offer competitive benefits, flexible working arrangements and a relocation scheme to candidates who will join us in this.
If this role does not match your skills please visit our careers website for more opportunities within our organisation.
Please apply online or to discuss further becoming part of our team, please contact: Simon Liddy
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!