- Permanent, full-time position
- The service is open 24/7 rostered on a variety of mornings afternoons and nights, four and two rotation
- Please apply if you have this flexibility and passion to become part of our story!
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you're part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 New Zealanders that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
Te Whare Mauriora (Mauriora means essence of life or life force) is a 13 bed Forensic Rehabilitation ward. The purpose of the ward is to move patients from a more secure setting, either Te Whare Manaaki or Te Whare Hohou Roko, to a less secure environment, ideally the community. We do this by providing choices and individualised care that supports people with a mental illness to live a meaningful life, and all the time assessing and managing risk.
This is an opportunity for a skilled, highly motivated nurse to work closely with multidisciplinary team colleagues in this dynamic, professional and supportive environment.
We value honesty, fairness, respect and dignity.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse or an Enrolled Nurse to join this team, ideally with previous nursing experience working in Forensic Mental Health.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- As a professional highly motivated nurse, who displays a positive attitude and enthusiasm for this area of work, you will enjoy being part of a committed MDT, you will work in collaboration with a group of professionals that recognises the importance of providing quality care and services to their patients, friends and whānau
- Working within a multi-disciplinary team, community supports and our inpatient team your ability to think on your feet and identify and manage risk, both on the ward and in the community
- A positive solution focused approach with ability to use own initiative and be motivated to work autonomously and as a member of a close team
- Must have Mental health nursing scope of practice
- Hold a full driver's license
Our Culture:What matters to us:
Ko Te Whatu Manawa Tangata
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What's important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information PC0414525.
Or Nurse Consultant Paul Kelly, Paul Kelly, Paul.Kelly@cdhb.health.nz, Phone 027 2499 407